Re: allocating user 'fcron' and doubts about handling package-created users

On 10-Dec-00, 19:30 (CST), Henrique M Holschuh <hmh+debianml@rcm.org.br> wrote:
> Also, policy mentions nothing about the removal of such a package-added user
> in postrm. Some packages do remove the user (bsd-ftpd), others don't
> (postfix). Is there any reason not to remove the user on package purge?

IMO, you should leave it. In general, uids shouldn't be re-used, and
there might be files scattered around owned by fcron that aren't removed
on the purge.

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read