Re: cleaning up our task packages

Previously Ben Collins wrote:
> Maybe we need a way to define subtasks so we get output like:
>
>  [ ] LDAP			: LDAP libraries, server and clients
>      [ ] LDAP Devel		: LDAP Development libraries
>      [ ] LDAP Server		: LDAP Server
>      [ ] LDAP Tools		: LDAP Utilities
>      [ ] LDAP Name Service	: LDAP NSS and PAM for Name Service

I'm strongly reminded of the installshield handles this. Basically
it only gives you the toplevel options, and for each you can click on
`details' and toggle sub-options.

> Makes much more sense. Tasksel could unfold only when asked to do so, like
> when a user is really interested in the tasks specifics, or they want only
> certian portions of a task.

The UI will become slightly non-obvious easily though: but unfolding
and selecting are normally done by clicking on ah item... no matter
what choice you make somebody will be confused.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |