Re: ITP: orbit-mt -- Multithreaded version of ORBit

Andres Salomon <saloma@rpi.edu> wrote:
> Is this necessary, with ORBit2 being worked on?  How usable/stable
> is orbit-mt?

I need a multithreaded ORB, and very soon. I could keep the packages to
myself, but I figured it wouldn't be hard to make them available to the
world either. I haven't hammered on ORBit-mt yet, but it seems stable to me.

I don't know how long ORBit2 will be until it's ready for general use, and I
don't know how long it will be after that until it's packaged for Debian. By
contrast, the ORBit-mt package (and ORBit-C++, which I ITP'd last night) are
very close to being ready to go.

If anyone has objections to me packaging ORBit-mt, let me know. I don't feel
strongly compelled to do so, I just thought it might be useful to have a
multithreaded ORB available for the time period between now-ish and ORBit2
release/packaging time.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |