Re: cleaning up our task packages

Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> writes:
> > Aptitude has the cool tree-like thingie, but it just doesn't "feel right"
> > (again, the version in potato).
>
>   I know this is hard, but do you have any idea what doesn't "feel right"? :)

He said so later in the message -- one spends too much time in aptitude
opening nodes, and then subnodes, and then sub-sub-nodes, only to find a
single package (in other words, there's too much tree, and not enough
leaves).  When I tried aptitude I had the feeling that there was lots of
information hidden from me, but I just didn't the patience to go through
all opening all those nodes to find out what what it was.

It really ought to have some policy for automatically pre-opening nodes
so that the *initial* display presents real useful information (what
this policy is, I don't know; it probably needs some experimentation).

I hope aptitude improves, because capt is currently not very useful, and
the author seems to not care at all.

-miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche