Re: long term goals of debian membership

Because when you are emailed your new password for the Debian machines, it
will be encrypted in the email.  Thats how mine arrived.

You just don't send passwords in the clear in email.  You just don't.

----- Forwarded by Vince Mulhollon/Norlight on 12/07/2000 03:51 PM -----

                    Hamish
                    Moffatt              To:     debian-devel <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>
                    <hamish@debia        cc:     (bcc: Vince Mulhollon/Norlight)
                    n.org>               Fax to:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: long term goals of debian membership
                    Hamish
                    Moffatt
                    <hamish@cloud
                    .net.au>

                    12/07/2000
                    03:49 PM

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 09:49:11PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Bob Hilliard <hilliard@debian.org> [20001207 16:37]:
> > Why should an encryption key be required?  I don't know of any
> > official Debian activity that requires encrypted documents.  This is
> > not to say any Debian Developer (or anyone else) can not use
> > encryption if he wishes.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint-discuss-0010/msg00118.html
>
>   (o) Applicants may NOT (repeat: NOT) have a sign only key

Yeah, but why?

thanks
Hamish