Re: long term goals of debian membership

On 00-12-04 Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 05:48:54PM -0600, Clay Crouch wrote:
> > With all the recent whining^Wdiscussion about 'low-quality NMs',
> > maybe a there is a way to winnow them down some.
> >
> > You want them to contribute more than just a few packages? OK, here
> > is a possible fix: Bring them in via QA. They maintain orphaned
> > packages for QA, and fix bugs for QA, and do NMUs for QA. All
> > supervised/mentored by the (increased?) QA staff.
[...]
> Makes perfect sense and kills two proverbial birds with one proverbial
> stone :) We get work on QA, while tuning and hardening our developer
> elite.

New maintainers helping on QA even if we have no concept for QA and only
a real small team doing QA? I don't appreciat this and talked with
Martin Michlmayer, one of the AMs, about this and he generated a nice
mail-text which will be useful for NMs. Maybe he could post it also
here, because I think it's better then forcing NMs to help with QA.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member