Re: lintian & libtool: are they friends now?

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:53:06AM +0100, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 07:47:57PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> > > oh, wonderful... unpatch configure.in... compile... run lintian ... $%$#!#
> > > again lintian say binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath. moreover the workaround
> > > (that old workaround i used to patch configure.in) is not present in
> > > /usr/share/doc/lintian any more (i'll file a bug against lintian).
> >
> > You might need to run libtoolize again to update the libtool stuff
> > in the package.
> >
> hmm ok, i run libtoolize -f yesterday. my program stopped compiling.
> at first i thought it was libtool but finally i discovered it was debhelper.
>
> i will re-run libtoolize again, this time with the right debhelper.

it does not work. i still receive the same error from lintian. libtoolize
does nothing, it updates something but not how i would like. the trick i
have to do in order to not get any claim from lintian is to patch libtools
more or less the way i used to do (with the provided patch) in configure.in.

how is possible that i have this problem and nobody else has?

maybe i'm wrong, can i safely ignore the rpath message from lintian?

this issue is keeping me from releasing a couple of packages.

thanks

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
  --[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50