Re: ITP: ubh -- Download and decode Usenet binaries

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:09:55AM -0500, Itai Zukerman wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> I plan to package ubh, the Usenet Binary Harvester.  From the README:
>
>    ubh - the Usenet Binary Harvester - is a GPL'ed Perl console
>    application which automatically discovers, downloads, and decodes
>    single-part and multi-part Usenet binaries.  Automatically assembles
>    multi-part binaries.  Provides searching via Perl regular expression
>    syntax.  Also provides a pre-selection capability whereby the user can
>    interactively choose which binaries to download.  Uses a standard
>    .newsrc file to control which groups and articles to process.
>    Runs anywhere Perl runs.  Tested under Unix-based Perl and Active Perl
>    on Win32 platforms.  Requires Net::NNTP and News::Newsrc (which itself
>    requires Set::IntSpan).
>
> Unfortunately, it requires News::Newsrc and Set::IntSpan which aren't
> in Debian, yet.  I've packaged these things for personal use, but I
> don't consider myself enough of a Perl guru to maintain these
> modules so I'll be submitting a RFP for these.

I'll package both of these.  I've also already gotten both packaged as well.
Please forward the bug numbers to me so I can close them.  (They're not showing
up on the web site yet.)

--
Mike Mattice - Debian Developer
mailto: mike@milliways.cx mattice@debian.org