Re: ITP plex86, if it complies to DFSG

Actually, think of it as device firmware; generally firmware (software for
and executing on a peripheral device instead of on the main CPUs) that has
to be downloaded at initialisation time has not been required to have
source available, as long as it is freely redistributable in downloadable
form along with the host device driver.

on the other hand, IF source code is available, I think we could
reasonably insist that it be DFSG-free as well.

I *think* there are places in the kernel source where binary-only firmware
is distributed, and I know Creative does the same with their DXr2 driver.

I don't recall exactly where the firmware issue is explicitly handled,
though.