Re: ITP: hesiod

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:
SL> I intend to package hesiod.
SL>
SL> Hesiod is a name service library that can provide general name service
SL> for a variety of applications.  It is derived from BIND, the Berkeley
SL> Internet Name Daemon, and leverages the existing DNS infrastructure of a
SL> network.  It is used on a number of university networks, including MIT
SL> and Iowa State University.

I've had unofficial Hesiod packages for some time, though I've never
put in a formal ITP for them.  Feel free to look through

        deb http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb/user/dmaze/debian local mit

A couple of packages, notably Zephyr and autofs, can be compiled with
Hesiod support; a Hesiod-enabled autofs is insanely useful, at least
at MIT.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell