Re: ITP: gvd

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> FWIW, the specs of the professional ($$$) version describe it as
> compatible with Tru64 Unix and VMS, so I bet it either already has
> internal Alpha support in the free version or could easilly be ported
> to Alpha.

Technically, it should work if I can get it to compile.  The Tru64 port of
GNAT and the support that's already intrinsic in the GCC tree should be
good enough to at least get pretty far.  Unfortunately, getting to the
point where I can get a binary is the difficult part for now :-P

> While I'm not an Ada programmer, I'm glad to see the spread of
> alternative compiled languages which will result in more choice for
> programmers without an inherent performance penalty.

Same here.  Since we don't have a JDK on Alpha, having a working gcj has
come in handy :-)