Re: gpm still not working on logitech cordless wheel mouse?

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 11:43:12PM +0100, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> > Check if you're using the right port (/dev/psaux? /dev/input/mice?
> > /dev/ttySx?) and protocol (imps2 for /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice,
> > ms3(?) for /dev/ttySx).
>
> Well, /dev/mouse is a symlink to psaux, and everything is ok, it works with
> gpm version 1.17.8-18 wich is the one I use, but if I change to the actual
> version (1.19.3-4) it stops working.

Don't use /dev/mouse - it's a bad thing to do.  Use /dev/psaux directly.

The only time you should use a generic mouse device like that is
/dev/input/mice, which is the HID driver's mouse.  The PS/2 mouse should
be accessable through /dev/input/mice at some point, but AFAIK it is not
currently.

<Culus> OH MY GOD NOT A RANDOM QUOTE GENERATOR
<netgod> surely you didnt think that was static? how lame would that be?
         :-)