Re: too many suids? (was Re: dpkg-statoverride vs. suidmanager)

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> writes:

> Previously Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> > i don't like having too many suids on my systems... too many suids...
>
> Considering the number of packages we have and that a nice number of
> those are probably setgids instead of setuids the number is actually
> quite low.

Just checked on a fairly minimalistic server here and my laptop that I
use for development work.  Both run potato (with security updates).

  server  21 suid programs / 121 packages installed
  laptop  22 suid programs / 339 packages installed

I haven't changed any of the default permissions (AFAICR).
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development