Re: assigning sole responsibility of tasks

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 11:42:29AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On 2000-11-29 16:47, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> >The idea of one person being responsible for tasks at debian seems to be
> >well entrenched. I cant help but wonder if debian would be better if it
> >didnt depend on individual efforts.
> >
> >Anyway, i just think if it could be avoided we shouldnt depend on one
> >person.
>
> The solution is simple!  Find an important task that is being done by one
> person and volunteer to help them!
>
> Then find a few dozen other people with the same ideas and get them to do the
> same!

Another solution would be to help all of the task-* maintainers
by adding information to each task's README file, such as which
packages are included and why, and also which packages are _not_
included, and why.  This would help to document the maintainer's
idea of the role of the task, potentially decreasing
misunderstandings.

dave...