assigning sole responsibility of tasks

The idea of one person being responsible for tasks at debian seems to be
well entrenched. I cant help but wonder if debian would be better if it
didnt depend on individual efforts.

The scratch an itch concept doesnt work very well if one person has sole
responsibility unless only one person has that itch.

If only one person is responsible for a task and that person for
whatever reason cannot perform the task responsibly then that effects
the quality of work.

I guess the big issue is that if lots of people want to work one task
and they dont agree who gets there way.

Anyway, i just think if it could be avoided we shouldnt depend on one
person.

Glenn