Re: scsiadd - lets you add and remove scsi devices on the fly

On Wed 29 Nov 2000, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > The reasoning behind part of scsiadd is flawed; from the README:

> Agreed. But, confusing (bad) documentation does not make the tool _less_
> useful.

Actually, it does, because the tool currently implements constraints on
what you can and cannot do (e.g. in the given example it will refuse to
add the disk with ID 1 because it thinks it will mess up the mapping),
which means you have to resort to the oh-so-difficult echo "scsi
add-single-device 0 0 1 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi

However, the author has acked my objection and will look into it,
so hopefully there will be a useful tool soon :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/