Re: matrox g450 dual-head

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Jacob Kuntz wrote:

> from the secret journal of Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn (cristian.ionescu-idbohrn@axis.com):
> >
> > Can anybody report success with getting X up and running (3.3.6/4.0.x)
> > on such a beast, and willing to share the knowlege?
>
> i believe that in order to use the second head, you need a (binary-only but
> at no cost) driver from matrox. the free driver only uses the first head.
> have not tried this myself: still waiting for my agp mobo to arrive.

Thanks. Is there a place where one could find (and read) the story
behind this magic, so I don't have to ask all these stupid questions.
Feels like I need to know more (xf86 3.3.6/4.0.x + matrox dual-head
graphic cards) before I ask more and waist peoples time. Pointers?

Cheers,
Cristian

--
Be careful, life will kill you.