Re: Report this or not?

"Sander Smeenk (CistroN Medewerker)" <ssmeenk@cistron.nl> wrote:
>When using gcolorsel from the gnome-utils package, selecting Edit ->
>Preferences will *always* crash the program with this debug output:
>
>** WARNING **: document not well formed!
>
>** WARNING **: Could not parse file
>
>** ERROR **: file dialog-prefs.c: line 239 (dialog_prefs):
>assertion failed: (gui != NULL)
>aborting...
>zsh: abort      gcolorsel
>
>The problem is, I use Version: 1.2.1-helix3 but I noticed this too with a
>non-helix version, a long time ago.

I can't reproduce those errors with gnome-utils-1.2.1-8 in woody, but by
making a simple change in Edit -> Preferences (MDI mode -> Toplevel),
exiting, and restarting, I get:

  GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 155 (g_strconcat): assertion
  `string1 != NULL' failed.

I imagine the fact that gcolorsel puts headings named "gcolosel" in
~/.gnome/gcolorsel doesn't help much. :P It also seems to dump several
duplicate blocks into that file.