Re: HPT366 install disks: do we have them?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 12:05:29PM +0100, Jan Martin Mathiassen wrote:

> oh, and while i'm uttering gibberish, i'm not sure *how* to improve it, but
> the part of the install procedure where you partition the hard disks could
> be improved. one should be able to mount the partitions as you create them,
> instead of having to create them, exit the program, go to a menu, select a
> menu item, rinse repeat. just a thought...

I usually create all of the partitions in one pass, exit cfdisk, and initialize
and mount them one by one.  The only straightforward way I could see to improve
this would be to tag the partitions with mount points (a la BSD-style
disklabels), so you can specify everything at once.

--
 - mdz