Re: ITP: dgen

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000, Jimmy O'Regan wrote:

> > Package: dgen
> > License: GPL, but will probably have to go to contrib
> The license is a BSD type license

   Ah, right. Sorry for the confusion.

> and I assume putting it in contrib means you're going to separate the
> CPU emulators from the rest of the package?

   Good point. I don't really know. I first thought the CPU emulators
weren't needed since ./configure told me they weren't found for
$UNCHECKED_REASON, so I assumed there was a slower C fallback. The
reason I mentioned contrib wasn't because of the emulators, but because
I knew no free (speech) Genesis ROMS.

   Since the emulators are awfully non-free, I will perhaps have a look
at what can be used to replace them. If I don't find anything, I'll
retract the ITP -- I'm not very fond of non-free packages.

Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \