Re: Funny situation with Licq.

Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> writes:

> I suppose that it's still a bug, Daniel, but I'm still uncertain
> as to whose responsibility it is.  Is it a problem for the
> Debian folks, because it's included with Debian, or should the
> report have been more properly directed toward the upstream
> coders?

All bugs should be filed against the Debian package in the first
instance.

After that, the bug should get fixed.  There's no value in trying to
assign responsibility; that only helps you decide who to blame if it
doesn't get fixed.  However, blame doesn't fix bugs.  So I'd suggest
that a better strategy is to fix the bug; anyone could do it who has
the necessary skills and inclination.  I'd deal, except I don't use
licq.

Thomas