Re: [RFD] Debian's mime support

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 23:13:10 -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> New packages could provide Regex or Magic (in theory you should be able to
> provide all three, but why?) in their .types files,

While we're on it, the magic values should be registered for file(1) as
well.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 22:49:47 -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> I am a huge fan of file(1), and I love the idea of determining a file
> type based on a magic number.

In the context of MIME, we have this already:
	file -b <filename> | magic2mime

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would