Re: Use $DEB_BUILD_DIR rather than parent directory?

jpenny@universal-fasteners.com wrote:
> No, not at all.  It is good security practice.  The problem with
> environment variables is that they can be hidden, and the user
> completely unaware of what is set.  The command line option is
> in plain view.  Clearly, the command line option ought to supercede.
>
> In fact, I think a good case can be made for dpkg/apt not honoring
> environment variables at all (maybe LD_LIBRARY_PATH is an exception).
> YMMV.

Please explain how, if you manage to get my shell to set an environement
variable, you could not have just done whatver setting the environement
variable eventually makes some program do?

(It would also be nice if you explained how environement variables can
be hidden.)

--
see shy jo