Re: "Can't compile from source" bugs

In Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:16:29 -0500 Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> cum veritate scripsit :

> Are packages in unstable expected to compile on stable, and if they don't, is
> this an important bug?  How far are package maintainers expected to go to
> maintain source compatibility with stable?

In my understanding, it's an important bug, which can be fixed using a proper
build-depends: line.

If it doesn't, for example compile with potato versions of something,
requiring a versioned build-depends would be nice.

I think this is nicer than saying, "we don't support stable anymore 'cos it's released" <g>

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp