IMPORTANT: dpkg and libc5 compatability libraries

Many of you probably know about the bug in dpkg 1.7.x that causes
problems when Libc5 development packages are installed. I have been
trying to combat this problem. At first I thought it would only be an
issue for developers that had weird setups with libc5 applications, but
a lot of packages exhibiting this bug have been pouring in, even as I
submit bugs on them. If this spreads it will be harder to fight.

Before building any packages, please do one of the following as a
temporary solution until the bug is fixed.
* Remove libc5 and all packages depending on it
or
* Downgrade dpkg to a pre-1.7 version.

If you don't, the packages you build are likely to have extraneous
dependencies on libc5 compatability libraries.

Thanks for listening. Sorry if you already knew and I'm wasting your
time; I'm trying to inform everyone.

Aaron Lehmann

P.S. Can someone look into the autobuilders (especially samosa) and
verify that they have been purged of libc5?