Re: [OT] Re: how do i make my program better?

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 08:03:11PM +0100, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
>  > And when you're not in a hurry, and want to learn some new method of doing
>  > something, a document in the form of manual page is probably the worst way
>  > because it's poorly organized, you can't orient yourself in it and its
>  > indentation is not suitable for examples.
>
> peek into some *bsd manpages and you'll realize that manpages can be
> written in a way that they are useful. the limitation is not in *roff,
> the limitation is in the tradition linux people write them.

I'd like to see some, do you have a URL? It seems quite unlikely you could
orient yourself in a large paged document, whatever the way it is written,
because you don't have links to use to skip from one part of text to
another... presuming of course you don't know all the section names offhand.