Re: Delegating to the Technical Committee

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > Note, I didn't give a full email address for ctte because I can't remember
> > it. Worse than that I don't know how to find this information, even though
> > there is a potential method it currently fails.
>
> www.debian.org -> Developers Corner -> Debian Contacts.
>
> Took me about 10 seconds..

Well, you are much better connected than I am!

> > Now the problem is that the number of debian mailing lists is so large
> > that the maximum size of the list is exceeded, which produces an error and
> > an end to the listing process. This leaves the majority of the mailing
> > lists unprinted. As this unprinted portion almost always includes the list
> > I am looking for, I am left uninformed.
>
> So use the web again.. the frontpage on www.debian.org has these
> nice links called `Mailing List Archives' and `Mailing List Subscription'

Thanks, it hadn't dawned on me that the list of lists would be there.

BTW, I notice that debian-newmaint-admin has a checkbox beside it even
though it is a closed list, rather than the bare representation for
debian-private, and other "non-subscribed" lists. Is there some way that
this can be fixed (removing the checkbox) so I don't continue to get the
gobbs of subscribe messages that now inundate my mailbox? Is it just a
matter of contacting the web team, or is there a more detailed procedure?

> We have a group of people who do excellent work to maintain our
> webpages (they even got a reward!).. take a look at them sometime.

I've been there a time or two ;-)

I generally do poorly with indexes, and often need pointers.

Thanks again for the help,

Dwarf