Re: Anarchism package

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 09:17:29PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e516e.dhcp.okstate.edu> writes:
>
> > If someone uploads something hateful, I'm sure that the Debian developers
> > will take action to remove it before release, and probably action to
> > prevent anything like it being uploaded.
>
> Why?  Because Debian has a history of blocking developers who do
> hateful things as part of their Debian business?

Because Debian is composed of good people, and while it's easy to disassociate
one's self from an email sent from one developer to another, it's a lot harder
to disassociate one's self from a package in a released Debian. Some precedent
exists (again dating from the days of Bruce Peren's) in the censoring of the
purity package. I believe a package of hate would have stronger support than
that decision did.

Since I assume you're referring to the ongoing debate between you and Craig
Sanders, I think that you would have more support for 'dealing' with him if
it were turned outwards towards our users and reflected badly on Debian as
a whole.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org