Re: cons.saver exploit and /dev/vcsa* owner

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Petr Cech wrote:

> > Maybe the login program should change ownership of /dev/vcs* and
> > /dev/vcsa* devices to user, who is logged in on the console.
>
> Oh no. Please NOT. I've seen this happen on a RH box. It really messes with
> permissions

Yes, I know. They did strange things with permissions of devices like
fd*, cdrom, audio in their pam_console.
But I think that vcs and vcsa devices should be treated like
tty devices - login should set their ownership to logged user and getty
should reset it to root.

Regards,

Robert

--