Re: Strange Artifacts Under X 4.0.1 with NVidia Riva 128?

I had a Riva 128 (Diamond Viper something), and it ran fine under X...I forgot the card's full name, sorry...but I had it working smoothly under XF4 (latest ~2 weeks ago...)
	--xsdg

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 09:32:39AM -0800, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> My X display shows strange artifacts under X 4.0.1.
> I have an NVidia Riva 128-based graphics card
> (Diamond Viper 330), which worked great under the
> old X packages.
>
> When I bring up X, light colored screen graphics
> (such as menu bars, window frames, and many icons)
> appear very dark.  Moving the window will usually
> result in the graphic rendering properly (i.e.,
> the window opens, and the window frame is too dark
> to discern patterns.  Sliding the window to the
> side a bit causes the window to re-render normally).
>
> I've already played with the color depth settings
> and so forth, but I suspect they do not have much
> bearing on this problem.
>
> Do others out there have Riva 128-based cards
> that show similar problems?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Brent

::snip::

 / It is better to let one suspect that you are a fool than to open your mouth\
{    and leave them no doubt.    http://xsdg.hypermart.net  xsdg@softhome.net  }