Re: Craig Sanders

I have no interested in a protracted flame war, but lest challenges to
my personal integrity to unanswered, I feel I must at least set the
record straight.

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> > We've all seen this email before; we've tolerated it so far.  But I
> > don't think we should.  Craig does not confine his abuse to private
> > email, but he posts it to public forms.
>
> pot. kettle. black.

For the record, I have not called people "wankers", told them to
"fucking go away", insulted thein intelligence, or otherwise behaved
in such a manner unbecoming a member of Debian.

> yes, it does, doesn't it. you really shouldn't be so willing to infringe
> copyright like that. it reflects poorly on debian.

For the record, the claim that one may never resend private mail to
public lists without violating copyright is incorrect.

> yeah, sending private email to a public list is not acceptable. for one
> thing, it is a gross infringement of copyright. for another, the rest of
> the people in the list don't give a shit and don't want to see it.

For the record, I did not resend mail because people wanted to see it,
but because they should be aware what shenanigans Craig is up to.
Most already are, but if people are disgusted what he writes, they
should tell him Debian developers should not write such things in
doing their Debian business.

Thomas