Re: What happened with locale support?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 03:22:51PM +0100, jcdubacq@info.unicaen.fr wrote:
> It looks like something changed in libc6, but the real bug is in XFree
> not supporting the correct syntax for locales.

I agree.

> Btw, gdm sets the LANG variable. However, /etc/environment also sets
> this variable. I'd like to understand fully how the setting is done.

I do not have an /etc/environment file at all. All I do is include
/etc/language-de in my .bashrc which is included by my .bash_profile. gdm
adds another variable named GDM_LANG to my environment. But since gdm itself
does not honor the locale the bug has to be elsewhere. After all gdm is
started by init and no locale is set there. No, I do not set any variable
via lilo. :-)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes