Re: What happened with locale support?

On 00-11-10 Michael Meskes wrote:
> I know Ben said something will change but I do not exactly remeber what. And
> locale support definitely does not work anymore for me since installing
> libc6 & locales 2.1.97-1. IIRC I have to enable my locale somewhere, but
> where?

No, that's not right. Only in locales 2.2-1 where you also need to
install i18ndata. From this version you, you have to enable the locales
that you want to have in /etc/locale.gen and then call a separate
program (locale-gen) to generate those locales for you.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member