Re: cvs-buildpackage and Debian specific package

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 04:52:29PM +0900 , Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> cvs-buildpackage is very useful to maintain package with CVS
> but today I noticed a peculiar point with it.
>
> If we have *.orig.tar.gz in working directory then
> cvs-buildpackage does not create *.orig.tar.gz everytime

dpkg-source also doesn't create .orig.tar.gz - only the diff and dsc.

> it runs but in case a package is Debian specific, that is,
> if we have *.tar.gz then cvs-buildpackage seems to create
> *.tar.gz everytime it runs.

yup

> This is rather troublesome.  Is it any way to avoid this

why? That would cause you to always upload .orig.tar.gz, because it would
probably be different every time you create it. Isn't it better to just use
the same .orig.tar.gz as is already in the archive?

> behavior of cvs-buildpackage or do I misunderstand something
> important???
>
> Thanks in advance.		2000.11.9

				Petr Cech
--