Re: Do developers tend to run unstable?

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 03:07:59PM -0500, H. S. Teoh typed:
} On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:15:35PM -0000, Richard Taylor wrote:
} > Do you use a fully woody system for development of Debian
} > packages? It seems to me that you would need to, but I would like
} > to know from an actual developer's POV.
} [snip]
[snip]
} As far as the general trend goes, I think new package uploads are expected
} to be built under woody, or at least, built with current woody shared
} libraries (unless, of course, you're building a bugfix for a previous
} release). This can be quite tricky to achieve you aren't actually running
} a woody box: library dependencies often make it very hard not to upgrade
} half your box to woody before you can build a package using the new
} libraries.

You can use a woody chroot, though, to build and also to test.

--
An Thi-Nguyen Le