Re: XFree 4 && Neomagic

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 08:58:32AM -0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On 11/7/2000 05:40, Rodrigo Moya at rodrigo@linuxave.net wrote:
> >
> > > Attached is my XF86Config-4 file. Has anybody some experience with this
> > > neomagic cards?
> >
> > Section "Monitor"
> >     Identifier    "Generic Monitor"
> >     HorizSync    28-38
> >     VertRefresh    43-72
> >     Option        "DPMS"
> > EndSection
> >
> > That HorizSync looks wrong to me. Are you sure that's what it should be?
> > Given those refresh rates, I don't think you can have anything more than
> > 640x480 resolution. Check your XF86Config file for Xfree 3.3.6 and see if
> > there are any diffs.
> >
> well, I've tried with the old values and with the ones shown in startx's
> output, and the same, but now, at least, I am on 800x600, but what I want
> is 1024x768. I've been searching for my card's name in google, and I've found
> several examples, but all of them based on 3.3.x versions.
>
> So, can you suggest a refresh rate interval for this card? or tell me a place
> where I can find info?
>
> thanks very much to all

If you look in your XServer output the neomagic driver auto detects this.
If you would just delete the statements it would use the autodetected values.

I sent you a private email on this, because i thought this list wasn't the
place for setting up XF86, but you seem to have ignored it.

From your posted output:

(II) NEOMAGIC(0): Ranges: V min: 48  V max: 160 Hz, H min: 30  H max: 69 kHz, PixClock max 2550 kHz