Re: XFree 4 && Neomagic

Rodrigo Moya (2000-11-08 08:58:32 -0100) :

> well, I've tried with the old values and with the ones shown in
> startx's output, and the same, but now, at least, I am on 800x600,
> but what I want is 1024x768. I've been searching for my card's name
> in google, and I've found several examples, but all of them based on
> 3.3.x versions.
>
> So, can you suggest a refresh rate interval for this card? or tell
> me a place where I can find info?

I guess the refresh rates have not changed with the Xfree86 release,
but I had the same problem (except my LCD can only go to 800x600 and I
did not manage to hit more that 64x480).  It seems that the problem
was the default depth: my Neomagic didn't have enough RAM to handle
800x600 in 24 bit depth.  Changing the DefaultDepth to 16 solved the
problem.

Hope this helps,
Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Infinity contains more things than you think.  Everything, for a start.
  -- in Witches Abroad (Terry Pratchett)