Re: Can't compile pcmcia-cs

On 2000-11-07 10:56, Bart-Jan Vrielink wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Mike Markley wrote:
>> PCMCIA is in the kernel proper for 2.4, so you probably don't need
>> pcmcia-cs.
>
>Where ?? I only see (working) cardbus support in 2.4.0test10.

Correct.

There was PCMCIA code in the kernel until version ~2.4.0-test5 at which time
it broke.  Since then no-one has fixed it.  I have briefly discussed this
with the PCMCIA upstream maintainer who says that he is not involved in work
to get PCMCIA working in 2.4.0-test* kernels again.  If you only use CardBus
then you can skip the pcmcia-modules and pcmcia-source packages, otherwise
you need them.

pcmcia-cs is always needed, it has the programs that detect insertion/removal
of cards etc.

--
If you can't program in C, PERL, and shell scripts then don't call yourself a
Unix administrator. Every idiot on the net is claiming to be a Unix admin. :(