Claiming an: Very fast anagram generator

Richard Jones is the current maintainer of the package 'an -- very
fast anagram generator'.  However, he only made one release in 1997
and nothing since then.  There have been two NMUs in the meantime
fixing serious problems.

On 21 Aug 2000, Joey Hess tried to contact Richard because Joey felt
that 'wordplay probably needs to be removed from debian in favor of
an, which is faster and better' (see 20000821171810.O15172@kitenet.net,
posted to debian-devel).  The mail to Richard bounced.

Since I was interested in 'an', I tried to find the new e-mail address
of Richard.  Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>, who is listed in the man
page of 'an', gave me 2 addresses: one bounced, the mail sent to the
other address has not been answered.  I contacted Julian again to ask
if it's ok if a new maintainer takes over 'an'.  He said 'sure'.

I'm posting this public message to give Richard the chance to answer
and to see if anyone is in contact with Richard.  If I don't here
anything within a week, Paul Martin <pm@nowster.zetnet.co.uk> will
upload a new package.  Paul has already looked into fixing outstanding
bugs and will certainly be a good maintainer.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com