Re: I want to try something for freedom.

Jubal:
>2.11.2000 pisze mheyes@lincolnfp.com (mheyes@lincolnfp.com):
>>DeCSS on Linux effectively disbles, as part of the decryption
>>process, the zone controls on the the dvd disc. This allows someone
>>in Finland, say,  to watch a dvd he purchased in the United States
>In the meantime, let's look at the Real World. MPAA has no real control
>of the timing of the releases, and many DVD drives / players have
>disabled this ridiculous `zone control', or provide informations on how
>to disable it.

FYI, current estimates suggest that 70% of DVD players in Europe are
chipped, so the whole region scheme is basically dead anyway.

--
David/Kirsty Damerell.                       damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk
CUWoCS President.  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/   Hail Eris!