Re: I want to try something for freedom.

In Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:15:02 +0100 (CET) Robert Varga <robi@piros.zold.net> cum veritate scripsit :

> > This is bogus.
> >
> > Even if zones were strictly controlled (as it is not ... for example,
> > some Sony playstation 2's  had a "bug") one can buy a DVD-player from another country
> > and use it. As simple as that.
> No need for that either. Current DVD-players are autolocking. They check
> the first 5 DVDs inserted, and lock on the region which has majority in
> the 5. I don't know what happens, if one puts 5 discs, all with different
> regions in the set, or are there less than 5 regions (I seem to remember
> there being 6?)

I think many of them worked in this way:

They can switch legion code only twice, and it gets locked.

So, if you played DVD from some other country and it got locked, there is no
way you can see DVD in your own country with that DVD player.

It sucks badly.

regards,
	junichi

--