new section in Debian menu system for file managers [was Re: emelfm up for adoption]
- To: Eduard Bloch <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: new section in Debian menu system for file managers [was Re: emelfm up for adoption]
- From: Josip Rodin <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:05:36 +0100
- Message-id: <20001103140535.D24959@cibalia.gkvk.hr>
- In-reply-to: <20001103111353.A5630@zombie.inka.de>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 11:13:53AM +0100
- References: <E13pcKx-0007Hqemail@example.com> <20001028222207.A21398@cibalia.gkvk.hr> <20001103111353.A5630@zombie.inka.de>
I don't understand this obnoxious CC:. Maintainers of all packages that look
like they would need this section, I guess... the subject needs to be
On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 11:13:53AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > There's been talk previously about a new section, either `Apps/Disk' or
> > `Apps/Browser', but nothing came out of the discussion.
> > I think we have enough disk-related and browser-related packages, the
> > problem is which one would be more suitable... or something else?
> What about a simple `Apps/Filemanager'? IMHO it would be a good place
> and there are enough filemanagers to fill this section.
The name's too long. Yes, it's an esthetic complaint, but we're talking
about a graphical user interface here.
Digital Electronic Being Intended for Assassination and Nullification