Re: RFC: initscript policy proposal

On 31-Oct-00, 21:03 (CST), Henrique M Holschuh <hmh+debianml@rcm.org.br> wrote:
> I'd prefer to get this whole invoke-rc.d deal into policy with an optional
> maybe-restart first to fix the worst mess. After it's in policy, any
> developer can propose changing maybe-restart to non-optional and we can have
> the flamewar without endangering the whole initscript fix :-)

That sounds like a very reasonable approach, especially given the
(presumably) rare situation of "I'm running a daemon by hand that
usually doesn't run at this runlevel and upgrading it too". Consider my
mild objection/concern withdrawn for now.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read