Re: webcalendars

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 02:50:07PM +0200, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> OK, let's suppose you're packaging this one. Then you have to depend
> on Apache too. What URL would you put it under? "/achiveo"? What if it's
> been configured away from htdocs/? What if mod_rewrite is used for
> terminfo-like hashing, so it's really searched for under htdocs/achiveo?
>
> and so on, and so on.

I don't know about the other issues, but perhaps web applications could all
be installed in a standard subdirectory under a "standard" htdocs location,
i.e. packages, with the user warned not to put their own stuff there.  Then
if the user has their htdocs directory somewhere else, they could do a
symlink to the "standard" htdocs/packages location, or if they don't want
to use symlinks, they should probably use the htdocs hierarchy that's
presented to them.

--
Sean R. Lynch KG6CVV <seanl@literati.org>   http://www.literati.org/~seanl/
Finger for public key.  540F 19F2 C416 847F 4832  B346 9AF3 E455 6E73 B691