Re: colorgcc: colorgcc screws up configure (was: Re: I think I'm going mad ...)

    Adam> Um, this is completely wrong. colorgcc should
    Adam> when it's stdout/stderr is NOT a terminal.  This way,
    Adam> wrappers that parse it's output can function sanely.

Of course (and I don't really care one way or the other), there is
the other school of thought:

A program should not alter its behaviour simply because its output is
going to a different place. For instance, the people who believe this
also believe (I can't remember where I saw this now) that ls is broken
because the following produces different output

ls | less
ls

where the 2nd one disables colour and makes the list appear 1 item per
line.

Again, I don't really care about this, and can't be bothered
mentioning the reasons for and against. However I thought I should say
in case this is deliberate behaviour...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>