sambaconfig

Hi all,

I installed samba and set it up today.  I have a question.

With postinst it asked if it generated /etc/samba/smbpasswd
or not, and default answer was No.

I think it is okay but after installation when I want to
generate /etc/samba/smbpasswd I guessed that sambaconfig would
do this but it seemed sambaconfig did not do this at all.

Do we need to generate /etc/samba/smbpasswd manually?  It need
rather complicated action if we should generate it manually.

I think we should do at least;

cat /etc/passwd | /usr/sbin/mksmbpasswd > /etc/samba/smbpasswd
chmod 600 /etc/samba/smbpasswd
echo "smbpasswd_created=yes" >> /etc/samba/debian_config
(Is this right?)

I think this should be done with sambaconfig or something
automatically or do I miss something important?

My system is potato yet so samba is of 2.0.7-3 and if it is
already good enough with samba in woody then please forget
this broken mail ;-)

Best Regards,			2000.10.26

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>