Re: Installed toshset 1.41-3 (source i386)

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 09:36:38PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Michael Vogt wrote:
> >  toshset    - Access much of the Toshiba laptop hardware interface.
>
> How is this different from the toshutils package?
I described it some days ago. It comes with a commandline interface. Most
functions in toshutils are only available under X.
And it does not need kernel-support. This is actually not very interessting
any more, since kernel 2.2.17 has toshiba laptop support (before 2.2.17 you
had to get a patch). But I like it nevertheless, because most default kernels
comes without laptop support and kernel compilation takes ages on a old
laptop. The disadvantage of this approach is that toshset has to be run as
root.

> Wichert.
Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734