Signing gpg key

     I am trying to sign my GPG key with my PGP key in accordance
with /usr/share/doc/debian-keyring/README.gz, as follows:

o Sign your GPG key with your PGP key:
        gpg --load-extension rsa --load-extension idea \
            --secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp \
            --keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp \
            --default-key 'Your PGP ID' --sign-key 'Your GPG ID'

     Since I am using gnupg 1.0.4-1, I can not use the
--load-extension options.

bob:vc-/2:bob>gpg --secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp --keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp --default-key hilliard@debian.org  --sign-key 390D6559
gpg: 390D6559: user not found

bob:vc-/2:bob>gpg --list-keys 390D6559
pub  1024D/390D6559 2000-10-20 Robert D. Hilliard <hilliard@debian.org>
uid                            Bob Hilliard <hilliard@debian.org>
uid                            Robert D. Hilliard <bob@bobhilliard.net>

     It appears to me that the command given in the README tries to
sign the key in the pgp keyring, so some other option must be given to
make it sign in the gpg keyring.

     What am I missing?

     I have received a message from James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
advising me that my GPG key has been added to the keyring.  I have
ssh'd to auric, cd'ed to /org/keyring.debian.org/keyrings, and
executed:

hilliard@auric:/org/keyring.debian.org/keyrings$ gpg --keyring ./debian-keyring.gpg --list-keys 390D6559
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/hilliard/.gnupg': file open error
gpg: error reading key: public key not found

     How can I check my GPG on the key rings on auric?  I can locate
my PGP key on auric using pgp -kvc.

bob
--
   _