Re: STOP, Stop, stop....

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 02:09:21PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> > If you don't like the way things are being done, post a proposal to -policy.
> > Just know you must be a developer to do so. By far the most effective method
> > would be to make your desired modifications, send them in to james, and
> > *then* do something on -policy.
>
> What are you talking about? What does -policy have to do with the
> internal structures of our mirrors? When were developers barred from
> that list?

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood me. developers are *not* barred from
-policy, and I never said so. And any bylaws that govern the operation of
debian as a whole can be modified (or created!) by a proposal on -policy,
as far as I know. Barring certain things that require a vote, but the
process still involves -policy.

If I'm mistaken, then I'm sorry.

I was just trying to support James and voice my agreement with Jason.

/me ducks out of this debate, for good.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..avancouw@calpoly.edu.. ..aaronv@debian.org..
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org