Re: Chroot woody setup in 15 minutes

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:21:20PM -0700, Frank Belew wrote:
> Doing it this way manages to skip all of standard, and just get that
> which is truly essential
>
> After you are done installing build-essential, exit and tar this tree up
> for multiple uses

I recommend installing sshd in the chrootable tree, and running it on
a high port. Copy the /etc/ssh directory from the true root of the
machine (so the host keys match), and change the Port in sshd_config
to something high. Run /etc/init.d/ssh start in the chrooted tree.

You can then ssh into that host and port, and have what appears to be
a standalone machine with that particular debian version
installed. I'm building Helix GNOME for Debian in this way now.

Peter